Home Affordable Mortgage Program Lawyer
The Home Affordable Mortgage Program (HAMP) is a program that is designed to help financially struggling homeowners to avoid foreclosure. HAMP can assist homeowners by modifying loans to a level that will make them affordable and sustainable in the long term. There are clear guidelines regarding loan modifications under the HAMP program that lenders and banks can use when working with their debtors.
At Rothschild & Ausbrooks, PLLC, the success of our clients is our goal, and using programs like HAMP has allowed us to provide that success. Our lawyers can work with your bank to modify the terms of your existing mortgage and/or pursue other legal remedies to your problems. For more information about HAMP and how our firm can help you, contact us for a free, 30-minute consultation.
HAMP Attorneys in Nashville
You may be eligible for HAMP if you can answer yes to the following questions:
- Is the home your primary residence?
- Is the amount you owe on your first mortgage equal to or less than $729,750?
- Are you having difficulty paying your mortgage?
- Did you get your current mortgage before January 1, 2009?
- Is your payment on your first mortgage — including principal, interest, taxes, insurance and homeowners association dues — more than 31 percent of your current gross income?
- Are you the owner of a one- to four-unit home?
Our attorneys will work with you to understand your situation and provide guidance about your eligibility for HAMP. If a loan modification is not in your best interests, and there is a better option available, we will be upfront and honest with you.
Contact Us for a Free Bankruptcy Consultation
Please contact a Nashville bankruptcy attorney at Rothschild & Ausbrooks, PLLC, today to learn how we can help you save your home.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.